Department Of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
MME is a telescopic word for Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. Available materials determine the technological progress of any era. Aerospace and other special applications are demanding better materials with special characteristics.
Materials technology meets this demand with Metal Reinforced Plastics, Ceramic Coated Metals, Metal-Matrix Composites, Carbon-Carbon Composites, Fibre-Reinforced Plastics etc. There is a Professor with Ph.D., an Associate Professor with Ph.D, 3 Associate Professors with M.Tech., a Senior Assistant Professor with P.G., and 7 Post Graduate & Graduate Assistant Professors in the Department.
Read MissionRead Vision
To impart value-based education to the students
- To become the pioneering Department in the country for teaching, research, and consultancy in emerging areas of Materials Science and engineering while consolidating the Department's strength in traditional areas of Metallurgical Engineering
- To promote and develop research activities among the faculty and students of the Department at par with the National Level Academic Institutes
- To establish a long-term interaction with the well-reputed organizations across the globe
- To achieve the best academic performance among other Institutes
- To advance knowledge by providing instructional research facilities and Industrial Consultancy
- To undertake collaborative Projects with academia, Research Laboratories and Industries
To be the fountainhead of new thoughts that pave the way for achieving the Outstanding status
- To transform the Department into the Center for Excellence and Advanced Teaching Methodologies
© Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology